Terms and Conditions
- Design Specifications
- Estimated Time Completion
- Design Process
- Browser Compatibility
- Requesting Changes
- Use of Artwork
- Software Support
- Software Licensing
- Hosting Requirements
- Data Back Up
- Template Reuse
- Project Sign Off
Designs are completed according to the specifications provided by the client on the initial quote request form and initial discussions during the process of quoting your individual project – so please be as specific as possible on the form for your design requirements. Communication regarding your project is a two-way street and we want to provide you with a final product that you are 100% satisfied with.
An estimated time completion on your project is 30 business days from the date of full project payment made (this excludes weekends and US holidays). Payments are accepted online via PayPal or Google Checkout – you are not required to have a PayPal account in order to pay via credit card. We also provide billing via US Mail, if you prefer. (Note: orders exceeding $1,000.00 are subject to a 3% processing fee for online payment – if you'd rather avoid the processing fee; payments are always accepted via US Mail by method of business check, bank draft or money order).
30 business days is a rough estimation on the time frame – depending on the complexity of your individual request, the order may take a bit longer. We will give you an estimated completion time on your project at the time of your order. We strive to accomplish it sooner than that.
The following are steps we take in your blog design or website design process once your project payment has been received:
- Development of the overall concept and layout of your design work, based on the specifications you have given to us in the order form you filled out. This phase may also require further communication with you to nail down all of the specifics or clarify anything we may have questions on.
- Creation of the custom graphics that make up the foundation of your blog design, including the header graphics, any navigational graphics, button, banners, etc.
- Your designer will provide you with a graphical mock up of the design work they have completed for your project. A maximum of two design revisions of the graphic composition will be included at no extra cost to create the visual look and feel that is desired. The original graphic mock up is created based on the specifications that you have provided to us in your original order form. The second mock up can either build and expand upon the concepts presented, or you can request a completely different look than the one we originally presented.
- It is important to know that our designers create your design based on the specifications you've provided to us (i.e. color scheme, number of columns in the layout, use of artwork/imagery,etc) – so it is important for you to be as specific as possible in your original request so that we are able to provide you with just the look you're going for. Further revisions may incur additional fees.
- Creation of the custom style sheet (CSS) that makes up the foundation of the format and layout of your blog/site design
- At this point, the graphic design phase is complete and the really fun part begins! Putting the graphics and code together to make it a fully functional theme, compatible with the blogging platform of your choice. (At this point of the project, if you require further revisions to the graphic design work that you did not mention earlier, the project may be subject to additional fees).
- We perform the above phase on a development domain that we own. We use that domain to work on client projects. On the estimated completion date of your project, you will receive an email from your designer with that domain information and necessary login information so that you can login and review your design work. The project will be a fully functional blog set up for you to review in a 'live' environment, click around and see how the different elements work (and look) together.
- Once we have received final approval from you on the your new theme – we will then install the custom blog design or website design on your domain for you. After that is completed, we review the work with you and when you've given the final OK, you will then receive a "Project Sign Off" notice from us with all the notes and instructions you will need to utilize your templates.
- Minor updates and changes to your project is allowed for up to three (3) days from the completion of the blog design or website (this includes up to a half-hour per page total). Minor updates, changes, modifications and/or revisions to the blog design or website after the 3 day period will may incur additional fees .
Email consultation, for established client projects, is provided to you free of charge – Up to two hours total general blog orientation and design consultation is included in the initial quote. Additional education and consultation is billed at our normal hourly rate.
Your template will be tested for compatibility in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
Template designs are tested both on the Windows PC and Mac operating systems. Unless specifically requested, and purchased, by the client, we do not code for browsers older than the current release. In addition, we do not code for browsers still in Beta testing.
Any changes to the theme (beyond true bugs) after the approved, final product is launched on your site will incur additional fees. Minor changes will be considered without charge – we can talk about it at the time of implementation. Requested changes/modifications that were not included in the original quote will incur our hourly fee for completion.
Additional fees, after the final launch, will be incurred for future requests if:
- Your theme breaks after an upgrade to the software you are using.
- You add new plugins or features to your site that weren't included in the original project
- A new browser upgrade breaks your theme (i.e. a browser version that didn't exist during the creation of your theme).
- You've made changes or alterations to the code
- Your site gets hacked, or otherwise compromised and you've lost your theme files due to a lack of backups
Most of the images used in our site designs are obtained from free stock photo/imagery websites that allow a royalty free license; or from stock photography/illustration sites where the original image is purchased with a limited license – the cost of which is included in the quote we've provided to you, up to $20 per project – any imagery fees beyond that will be billed to the client at the start of the project.
Use of any non-licensed imagery is the sole responsibility of the client. Clients who provide images to us for use in their project assume risk of liability for use of those images. When in doubt, contact the original artist of the image for permission before providing it for us to use in your design project.
You may use those images and renderings on your personal website, blog or home computer as long as proper copyright is noted. You may not alter, transform, or build upon those images in any way. These items are not licensed for commercial use, profit or redistribution – please contact us for information in regards to commercial licensing (ie: use for print advertising, t-shirts, merchandise, etc).
When clients contact us for blog installation and set up, we assume that the client has already researched the requirements for running that blog software on their server. Please double check with the software development company for the minimum requirements needed to run the blog software on your server. If necessary, contact your host to make sure that they can support the requirements stated in the blog software documentation.
After spending the time to develop your site – iDesign-Sites cannot be responsible if your hosting plan doesn't not support the blog program that you have chosen to use. Refunds will not be made in the event that iDesign-Sites finds that we cannot install the program on your account. The client is responsible for researching the requirements for the requested software up front. When a client orders a certain blog platform – we have assumed that the client has done this.
iDesign-Sites does provide hosting services that do meet the requirements for popular blogging platforms and CMS software – please inquire about those services if you require them.
When you purchase a site design from iDesign-Sites – it is licensed for use on one domain only. The licensing of your template does not cover use on other domains and it is not available for redistribution or resale in any way, shape, or form. If you decide you'd like to use the theme on another, or several other, domains – please let us know and we will provide a quote on the additional licensing.
Our templates are not available for you to reuse, or resale, for profit in any way.
Our reason for the 3-day window is simple: we have no way of knowing what modifications or changes were made to the template once we've released the product on the clients site, so please do let us know as soon as possible of any problems you come across so we can address them efficiently.
Additionally, because we develop your site in a live environment on a development domain on our servers – full testing in an optimal environment has already been done prior to final launch on your site. We do understand that not every environment is the same – to that end, we do schedule the final launch with you at a mutually agreed upon time that is convienent for both parties, so please be sure to schedule this time with us at a time that we are able to fully test it in your environment, with your content.
iDesign-Sites reserves the right to use project details for promotional material, our portfolio and client testimonial, project case studies for education, training and promotional reasons.